1. If you are here for the first time, welcome to the beginning world of Skooppa.

And more importantly, thanks for being here!

Please keep in mind we are just starting, so a lot of questions might not be answered in great detail and to your satisfaction. Please be assured, this situation isn't something we are happy about, as we want to be as transparent as possible as a company. However, we can't give up all our innovative ideas, before we actually make them real. We need to keep a competitive advantage. Be rest assured though, our ideas are really cool, innovative and we have a lot of them.

So with that having been said, we invite you to join our cause and thank you again for doing so. We know that it is you, who will make Skooppa great.

The Skooppa Team! Oh, and please don't forget to register. This big notice will disappear, once you do!
    Dismiss Notice

Will there be a free option?

Discussion in 'Business Concepts' started by Boothby, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Boothby

Boothby New Member

Scott, do you plan a free option or only payed?

2. s.molinari

s.molinari Uber Dreamer Staff Member Adreamistrator

Although pricing hasn't been determined, I think I can safely say, the system will need to be paid for and a free service would make that hard to do.:)

That being said, we are looking into certain less expensive/ free services.

For instance, developers will only have a small yearly fee (or even free, hasn't been decided yet), to become part of the developer program, which we will definitely have. The developer will get their own dev system and site to build and promote their work on Skooppa.

Non-profits serving humanitarian needs will get free service, with proof of their non-profit organisational status.

We're also thinking about something very new too, which will allow the starting prices to be lower and increase, as a site gets bigger. We realize, building a successful community takes time and we want people to discover and use Skooppa and not be frustrated in the beginning with cost concerns. We also don't want to over complicate anything or also lose transparency in what Skooppa will cost to use. This "bell curve" pricing is actually an idea I have, which I haven't even mentioned internally. So you are the first to hear of it.

There will be a free time period, where the service can be used to test and play with. A free sandbox. It will not be open to the public though.

Scott

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Boothby

Boothby New Member

So you will not offer an ad-financed option? You leave it to your customers to refinance their costs.

Thank you Scott

4. s.molinari

s.molinari Uber Dreamer Staff Member Adreamistrator

No, none of that kind of stuff. I don't believe in making money off the backs of our customers. Putting up ads on other people's sites, even if the service if free, is like them being (for a lack of a better word) whores for us. We'll have none of that. It screams "cheap" and that is the last thing we want to be selling ourselves as. Our service is going to be professional.

I believe in making money by offering things that make our customers successful too. In other words, there has to be value in it for our customers, for us to make money from anything we endeavor to do for them. Value adding propositions will always be what we aim for.

That being said, at one point, we will have an advertising system and we fully intend to make it much more lucrative for the people who want to show ads on their sites, than say Google ads ever was. But first, we need to even build out the platform and get customers, before we can think about an advertising system.:)

Scott

• Like Like x 2
  5. Boothby

Boothby New Member

This is what came into my mind, too.